I am involved with several wonderful genealogy events that are taking place in the coming months. This means many registration deadlines.
- May 14, 1:00 p.m., CDT, Friends of the National Archives – Southeast Region webinar. Join me from the comfort of your own home as I tell you about the wonderful things created by the WPA Historical Records Survey workers pre-WWII. You might be amazed at what they did for family historians. Register at www.friendsnas.org/webinarSch.htm
- May 16, 7:00 p.m. St. Croix Valley Genealogical Society meeting at the public library in River Falls, Wisconsin. I will be presenting an interactive workshop on Research Planning. Pre-registration is not necessary. http://scvgs.wordpress.com/meetings/
- June 7-9 is the 44th annual Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree plus the pre-event Family History and DNA day on June 6th. Last day for pre-registration is Friday, May 24th. I am attending the DNA day and taking part in six presentations at Jamboree. www.genealogyjamboree.org/
- July 21-26 is the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh. Some courses are full but others do have a few spots left. I coordinate and teach in the “Intermediate Course: Tools for Digging Deeper” and teach in the “Bridging the 1780-1840 Gap: From New England to the Midwest.”Hurry! The Early Bird deadline is May 15th. www.gripitt.org
- August 21-24, Federation of Genealogical Societies 2013 Conference in Fort Wayne Indiana. I am co-chair of this event and will be doing three presentations. Join a fantastic group of speakers and volunteers for a great week of genealogical learning, extended hours at The Genealogy Center of the library, some fun social activities, and networking galore plus a large Exhibit Hall. Early Bird deadline is July 1st. (save $50!) https://www.fgsconference.org/
- September 20-21, the first statewide New York Family History Conference sponsored by the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society. A great event near Syracuse, NY with many speakers, activities, and exhibits. www.nysfhc.org/index.html for details.
© 2013 – 2014, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.