Have you checked the newsletters produced by the state archives in your ancestral states? The content varies, but may include:
- list of recent acquisitions
- bios of staff members (may tell you which person is familiar with specific collections)
- descriptions of collections
- notes on state history
- indexing projects
- digitization projects
Both the current and past issue are valuable. Many are in paper format but some have older issues online. Some archives deliver their newsletters electronically today.
These are some you might want to check:
- Pennsylvania State Archives
- Missouri State Archives
- Maryland State Archives
- California State Archives
- Oregon State Records Center and Archives Older issues only
© 2013 – 2014, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.