I love statistics. Maybe I should attribute that to my German ancestors? The International German Genealogy Partnership’s (IGGP), inaugural International Germanic Genealogy Conference is already full of statistics and other numbers. The Minnesota based Germanic Genealogy Society (GGS) is the local host and is assisted by great volunteers from all over the U.S. and beyond. I hope you will join us in Minnesota this summer.
- 2.5 months till it begins (July 28-30) which means you can still register!
- 2 hotels are already full but others are waiting for you and a shuttle will be available
- Already registrants from 34 states and 4 countries other than the U.S.
- 40 speakers
- 6 luncheons and a banquet, all with great speakers
- 1 Biergarten event at Germanic American Institute (GAI) in my hometown of Saint Paul. Music, networking, and music on Summit Avenue, the avenue of spectacular mansions.
- 23 organizations are members of this global partnership
- Museums, historical sites, shopping, and more await you in the 32d state which just celebrated 159 years of statehood
- 17.9 miles. I knew you would ask. The conference site is that far from my apartment. I will not be making an airline reservation.
- 4 more bulleted items for you or your non-genealogist companions:
- our Minnesota Twins are out of town that weekend, but the Minnesota United, our major league soccer team is in town that Saturday night.
- We have the Mall of America which is a gigantic shopping mall with more than 400 stores, employing close to 12000 people. Between 35 to 40 million visits yearly to shop, dine, and visit the amusement park.
- We have 2 big zoos, the huge Valleyfair amusement park, and lakes by the thousands
- Come early, stay after to make use of numerous great research facilities
- Register now and be sure to add conference meals by the end of June!
© 2017, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.