It has been almost a year since we began telling people about the 2009 edition of the Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference in Little Rock. The local host, the Arkansas Genealogical Society, is waiting for us. The Statehouse Convention Center is a beautiful place. Now it is less than 3 weeks till the conference begins on September 2d.
Four days of learning about genealogy, how to use the records, where to find the records, new online databases and digitized images, an Exhibit Hall full of things to browse, buy, subscribe, and join. Whew! The presenters at the scheduled sessions are among the top genealogists, librarians, and archivists. As always happens with FGS Conferences, the registrants are coming from all over the U.S. and some from Canada. If you are a beginner, this conference is the place for you. If you are already well into family history research, this conference will serve your needs, too. If you are at a point where you have already used all the “usual” resources, this conference even has sessions for you.
- To see the full program click here.
- To read the Conference News Blog click here
- Online registration ends August 26th!
- August 26th is the last day to add luncheons, the banquet and the Night at the Ballpark.
- August 26th is the last day to register online for the APG PMC which is geared toward professional genealogists.
- Yes, you may still register at the door. See you there.
© 2009, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.