There’s nothing better than attending a genealogical conference or institute for great knowledge, camaraderie, networking, and on-the-spot help. There are many great educational opportunities. I would love to meet many readers in just 2 weeks at the Southern California Genealogical Society’s Jamboree but I do realize that some have family, work, health, and budget limitations.
However, the SCGS is offering a great array of Jamboree presentations via live-streaming right in your own home. The first day has a fee and the three following days are free.
You’ll find a complete list of the sessions, with links to the registration pages and as well as registration information on the Jamboree website and also on the right hand column of this blog.
Here are the specifics:
Family History and DNA Conference – June 5, 2014
-Five streamed sessions, 10:00am to 6:00pm PDT
-Pay for view, $30 per session
-All-Day Pass $130 includes complete DNA syllabus
-Requires a two-step registration process
-Sessions available for 30 days after initial webcast
-Sessions will not be available in the SCGS webinar archive
- CeCe Moore: “Real World Stories from the Desk of a Genealogy DNA Detective”
- Diahan Southard: “Lab Tour: How Your Data is Generated”
- Blaine Bettinger, PhD, JD: “Using Autosomal DNA to Explore Your Ancestry”
- Dr. Maurice Gleeson: “Which DNA is Best for You?”
- Tim Janzen, MD: “Advanced Techniques for Use of Autosomal DNA Tests to Break Through Genealogical Brick Walls”
Southern California Genealogy Jamboree – June 6-8, 2014
-14 streamed sessions over three days
-Initial webcast provided free of charge
-Cost is partially underwritten by Diamond Sponsor Ancestry.com
-Many sessions will eventually be available in the SCGS webinar archive for viewing by members
Friday, June 6 – Four sessions 1:00pm to 6:30pm PDT
- Judy G. Russell JD, CG, CGL – “Dowered or Bound Out: Records of Widows and Orphans”
- Blaine Bettinger PhD, JD – “DNA and the Genealogical Proof Standard”
- Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FUGA – “Manuscript Finding Aids: Locating Migrating Family Records”
- F. Warren Bittner, CG – “Proof Arguments: How and Why”
Saturday, June 7 – Six sessions 8:30am to 6:00pm PDT
- F. Warren Bittner, CG – “Elusive Immigrant!”
- Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL – “Staying out of Trouble: The Rights and Responsibilities of Today’s Genealogist”
- Michael Leclerc – “Researching Your New England Ancestors”
- Bennett Greenspan – “The Future of Genetic Genealogy”
- Dr. Maurice Gleeson – “Researching Your Irish Ancestry”
- Cyndi Ingle – “The Internet: A Genealogist’s Printing Press”
Sunday, June 8 – Four sessions 8:30am to 3:30pm PDT
- D. Joshua Taylor – “Resources of the DAR: Beyond Revolutionary War Soldiers”
- Dawn Thurston – “How to Write a Personal History that Captures your Interesting Life”
- Dr. Maurice Gleeson – “Ireland and the Slave Trade”
- Denise Levenick – “Dirty Pictures: Save Your Family Photos from Ruin”
Please help us spread the word about this outstanding educational opportunity for family historians and genealogists from around the globe. Share this news with your cousins, friends, society members, and followers.
© 2014, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.