Family History Crossroads
Set your compass to the Tenth Annual North Star Genealogy Conference. The two-day event features:
- Plenary lectures by nationally acclaimed genealogy educators, Paula Stuart-Warren and Cyndi Ingle (that would be Cyndi of the amazing Cyndislist!)
- 20 breakout presentations by leading speakers from five states
- New Location: The Earle Brown Conference Center is brimming with Minnesota heritage – it is an historic family farm converted to a modern conference center
- Plus, exhibitors, vendors, and door prizes add to the fun!
- DNA pre-conference day on Thursday, October 5 (already half-full)
Learning takes top billing at North Star, but it is also your opportunity to make new friends who share your enthusiasm for family history.
- What Should I Do Next? Developing Step-by-Step Research Plans
- Research Rewards in County Courthouse and Town Hall Records
- Deeds: Much More Than Land Descriptions*
- Awards Banquet talk: Why Do I Descend From THESE Families?
- Pin Your Ancestors Down With Google Maps and Google Earth
- A Guided Tour of Cyndi’s List 2.0
- Striking Out on Their Own: Online Migration Tools and Resources
- How the Homestead Act Shaped My Family and Maybe Yours*
*Part of a dual two-hour session in which Paula and Cyndi will engage in a give-and-take discussion of the Homestead Act, which gave thousands of settlers a foot-hold in Minnesota and the Dakotas, and of the use of land records in family history research.
Enjoy 20 breakout sessions featuring fourteen leading genealogists from Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Colorado. View Breakout Session descriptions and Speaker Bios.
For more details and to register, click here.
© 2017, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.
2 comments on “October 2017 Minnesota Genealogical Society Conference”
Sounds fantastic, wishing I lived closer. Any chance the presentations will be recorded?
MGS doesn’t record the conference presentations. Members do get access to a lot of recorded webinars!