From the GGS E-Connect, Newsletter of the Minnesota based Germanic Genealogy Society (GGS)
Sunday, October 26
Southwest Germanic Regional Workshop
Covering the areas of Alsace-Lorraine, Baden-Wùrttemberg, Hesse, Luxembourg, Palatinate (Pfalz) Rhineland, Saar, Switzerland.
Place: Concordia University Library Technology Center
Near the corner of Hamline Ave. and Concordia Ave., St. Paul, Minnesota
Room 214 (above the library) [This is where the GGS extensive library is housed]
For a map, go to http://concordia.csp.edu/Library/about/mapdirections.html
Free parking on the north and west sides of the building on weekends
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Concordia Library is open from 1:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Sunday for extended personal research.)
Cost: $5 (to cover the cost of the room)
What to expect: At this session, you can….
* Get individual help with questions on this Germanic area
* View resources to help you locate ancestral villages and answer immigration questions
* Examine additional resources in the GGS library collection
* Get help with the Meyers-Orts gazetteer
* See examples of findings from various areas
* Talk to other researchers in your areas of interest
© 2008, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.