This long weekend includes Valentine’s Day and also the U.S. President’s Day. I am self-employed in the genealogy profession, so I still work on both days but my weekend is extra-long because of the extreme cold temperatures. Here in Minnesota we will have temperatures in the -20s and the “feels like” will be in the -40s. It had been a pretty mild winter, but that has changed. I am looking forward to our spectacularly beautiful spring and summer. Here are some deals and free things to keep us occupied for at least a couple more days. As always, check the details and also the content of any website before signing on or subscribing. Many subscription-based genealogy websites offer free trials.
- Check the DNA websites for lots of sales this weekend.
- Ancesty.com is giving free access to Newspapers.com this weekend. http://nwspprs.com/barefoot
- Findmypast has been adding Welsh records and many newspaper titles https://www.findmypast.com/blog/new. My grandkids have Welsh ancestry.
- MyHeritage is giving free access to marriage records this weekend. https://www.myheritage.com It has added United States, Border Crossings from Canada, 1895-1956 to their lineup of records.
- The Board for Certification of Genealogists is sponsoring a free webinar on Legacy Family Tree webinars. A Family for Suzanne” by Ruth Randall, CG, Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 8:00 p.m. EST.
© 2021, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.