The last few weeks have been extra busy with syllabus preparation for upcoming presentations. Some of those are listed below. Click on the links or blue organization titles to learn more and to register.
- May 31, 2023. Free Webinar. 10:00 a.m. CDT, Noon PDT. Chula Vista Genealogical Society of Chula Vista, California. I will be presenting “The U. S. National Archives: The Nation’s Attic” which is accompanied by a helpful handout.
- June 11-16, 2023. TIGR: Texas Institute of Genealogical Research sponsored by the Texas State Genealogical Society. A virtual week-long educational experience.
I am an instructor in Colleen Robledo Greene’s
Course 5 – “Researching Families of Mexican Descent on Both
Sides of the Border” week-long genealogy course.
I’m presenting a joint session for this course and Ari Wilkin’s Course 6 – “Researching
African Americans Before and After the Civil War in the U.S.”
- June 18-23, 2023. Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP). Virtual week of learning.
· I am the Coordinator and lead instructor in the course “Digging Deeper: Records, Tools, and Skills.” It’s a 5-day course filled with instruction, an extensive syllabus (almost 200 pages!), hands-on work, problem solving, and discussion. Full course details and other instructors https://www.gripitt.org/courses/digging_deeper/
· I am an instructor in a separate course that week, “Spirit of the Inland Seas: Research in the Great Lakes Region ” coordinated by Cari Taplin, CG.
- August 8-19, 2023. Two-day in-person institute. Midwest Genealogy Foundations: Migration and Settlement, sponsored by the Minnesota Genealogical Society. I am an instructor presenting two sessions on “Midwest Archives and Repositories” and “Railroad Records and History.” More details and registration https://mngs.org/midwest-migration-institute.
© 2023, Paula Stuart-Warren. All rights reserved.